Sunday, November 14, 2010

Ryan in best shape of his life; Tae Hwan Park beats Ryan's 200m (LC) free time

Ryan in the best shape of his life:

In an interview with USA Today yesterday, Ryan said he's currently in the best shape of his life. This is great news leading into the 2010 Short Course World Championships in Dubai, which are just one month away. Here's the quote:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/olympics/2010-11-13-2059006032_x.htm

Lochte, a two-time Olympian, picked up his first Grand Prix victory, taking the 100 backstroke in 46.42.

"I messed up my first turn on the butterfly, but other than that I feel good," Lochte said moments after putting his gold medal around the neck of a little girl at poolside. "Right now I'm in the best shape of my life. Normally I take some time off this part of the season, but I've been working and I feel really good where I'm at."

Tae Hwan Park - 1:44.80 in 200m (LC) free:

At Pan Pacs in August, Ryan won the 200m free in a time of 1:45.30, beating Tae Hwan Park who finished 2nd at 1:46.27, almost a full second behind.

At the Asian Games yesterday, Tae Hwan Park improved his time to 1:44.80, a half second faster than Ryan's best time. Park is going to be one of Ryan's biggest rivals in this event at the 2011 world championships in Shanghai.

http://www.swimmingworldmagazine.com/lane9/news/25681.asp?q=Asian-Games:-Zhao-Jing,-Tae-Hwan-Park-Set-Asian-Records-on-Day-Two

No comments: