Thursday, December 15, 2011

Duel in the Pool - Friday & Saturday December 16-17

Duel in the Pool starts tomorrow night. It's a short course meters meet with the US all-stars against European all-stars, including my favorite European swimmer, Lazslo Cseh! I love SC meters because it is so fast and different and rarely swum in the U.S. It should be a very exciting and fan-friendly format. In the U.S., you can watch live on Universal Sports on Friday night and on NBC on Saturday. I'll post links tomorrow.

Ryan Lochte always does well in short-course meets, but is not rested! I read on this blog that Ryan had a 6,000m practice today! http://www.dailymile.com/people/mikebuteau/entries/11513294

Last year at this time Ryan swam at the Short Course Worlds half rested and set two world records. I don't think we can expect any world records this time with Ryan being unrested, but you never know.

As soon as I find out what events Ryan is swimming I will post them.

Here is an interesting video conversation between Ryan and Michael Phelps discussing the sport of swimming.

No comments: