Friday, January 11, 2013

Austin Grand Prix - January 18-20, 2013

The Austin Grand Prix takes place in - where else - Austin, Texas at the University of Texas pool.  I've been to this meet twice in the past three years and it is a good one.  Too bad I can't go this year because I now know exactly how to get there, where to park, etc. (although, I must admit to never being able to figure out where the awards are presented).

The meet is LC meters.  I was worried that this year's event would not be as popular as last year's given that it is no longer an Olympic year.  Boy was I wrong.  This meet will have tons of Olympians:  Missy Franklin, Amanda Weir, Nathan Adrian, Jimmy Feigen, Garrett Weber-Gale, Matt Grevers, Ricky Berens, Anthony Ervin, Clark Burckle, Mike Alexandrov, Ous Mellouli, Chloe Sutton, Kate Ziegler, Conor Dwyer, Charlie Houchin, Tyler Clary, Ryan Cochrane, Mads Glaesner, Arkady Vyatchanin, Mark Gangloff and of course Ryan Lochte.  I probably missed a couple.

The psych sheet can be found here: Austin GP Psych Sheet

Here are Ryan's events:

100m free (Event 2)
100m fly (Event 8)
200m free (Event 14)
50m free (Event 18)
100m breast!! (Event 24)
200m IM (Event 28)

No comments: