Sunday, February 17, 2013

Ryan Lochte is not giving up the 400m IM

According to this article by Paul Newberry of the Associated Press, Ryan is not giving up the 400 IM:

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/lochte-struggles-balance-demands-tv-pool-18526279
(read the whole article at the link)


"I'm really not looking at narrowing down my events," Lochte said. "I'm keeping them all open. I love racing. I'm going to race as many events as I physically can."
Even the 400 individual medley, which he won in London with a dominating performance but hasn't been swimming on the Grand Prix circuit, will likely remain a part of his schedule at major events such as the Olympics and world championships.
"A lot of people are saying that I'm done with the 400 IM," Lochte said. "You know what? I'm still going to swim it. I like the 400 IM, even as much as it hurts, because it's one of the hardest events. I think that's why I like it. I'm going to keep doing the 400 IM. I'm not going to train specifically for it. I'm going to train for the other events. But I will be swimming the 400 IM."

No comments: