Saturday, July 28, 2012

Ryan Lochte through to Finals in 400 IM

Ryan placed second in his heat and third overall in he prelims of the 400 IM with a 4:12.35. Two shockers from the prelims: Michael Phelps qualified eighth and barely made the finals and Laszlo Cseh finished ninth so he's out! Oh Laci! Utterly shocking.

 I didn't see the prelims (I know, what kind of a fan am I?) but I heard that Ryan took it easy and did not attack the walls. He won't do that tonight and hopefully will win gold. Still can't count out Phelps for a miracle but I think the 400 IM requires four years of training and he may have started too late.

 I could be wrong, but I don't think top qualifier Kosuke Hagino will medal in the finals. He swam a personal best in the prelims. lochte and the others will swim 6 to 7 seconds faster in the finals. Doubt Hagino will be in the mix. Will look for photos.

No comments: