Saturday, July 11, 2009

Prelims of 200 back - US nationals


Ryan placed 3rd in the 200 back prelims this morning with a time of 1:55.99. I know he can swim a lot faster than that, so tonight will be very exciting.

Tyler Clary placed first with a personal best time of 1:55.37. Aaron Peirsol was second in 1:55.78.

As much as I admire Tyler Clary, I think tonight will be all about Lochte-Peirsol. The WR is definitely on the line. I hope Ryan will come out ahead and think he can do it. He has to have been thinking about this day for a long time and getting ready for it. My prediction is Ryan will place first, followed by Peirsol and the WR will be broken. Tyler Clary will finish 3rd.

1 comment:

Caroline said...

I'm sure they will show this on NBC tomorrow (they better) so looking forward to watching this tomorrow morning.

Question: Do you know if they do the Santa Clara Grand Prix once every year? I asked on twitter but got not reply in return from anyone. If there is another one next year I would definitely like to go again.